Cheers to sunshine

Cheers to sunshine

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Think Europe: The Final Countdown

One week. That’s seven days, one hundred sixty-eight hours or, well, I could go on but frankly, you’ve probably already gotten the point. In this short amount of time, I’ll be speeding towards* England.
I’ll be gone a smidge longer than a month, which is plenty of time to erroneously convince myself that I’ve mastered a British accent and that adding decorative letters to words is a necessity. Basically, I’m looking forward to getting a taste of the English life.
I’ll be living in Durham for the majority of my trip, and London for the final week. In between, I’ll be making many different side trips. As far as I’m concerned, the more the better.
Of course I’ll also be doing a fair bit of studying while I’m gone. After all, it is a study abroad trip… that’s the only way I could manage to convince a few scholarship boards to help me pay for a journey overseas (here’s my thankful plug of gratitude).
Am I fully packed and eagerly waiting to go? Nah. I have a lime green, half-packed suitcase that started out organized but somehow switched to chaos as soon as my mom stepped away. But I’ve gotten a start. I’m enjoying my summer at home while I still have the chance.
My biggest concern revolves around the availability of a delicious, black nectar formally known as coffee. While I like a good cup of tea, I love coffee and rely on the beverage as a borderline life source.
But despite this very real fear, I am looking forward to the trip. If you like me and feel like sending a prayer for safe travels next week, I’d really appreciate it. Or, if you don’t like me, please forget I’ll be hurtling through the air 40,000 feet above the Atlantic.
Once I'm over there I'll continue to post pictures and about my experiences. Feel free to sign up for email notifications or check out my Facebook page, or use your imagination to picture me having the time of my life.
Until then, cheerio.

*Towards is the British version of the word, as opposed to the s-less version the U.S. favors. I’m trying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment